When you use GoTu (Formerly TempMee), you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information.
We recommend that you read this along with our Privacy Overview, which highlights key points about our privacy practices (including what information we collect, when we collect it, and how we use it).
Data Collections And Uses
This policy applies to users of GoTu (Formerly TempMee)’s services anywhere in the world, including users of GoTu (Formerly TempMee)’s apps, websites, features or other services.
This policy describes how GoTu (Formerly TempMee) and its affiliates collect and use personal information to provide our services. This policy applies to all users of our apps, websites, features or other services anywhere in the United States.
This policy also applies to those who provide information to GoTu (Formerly TempMee) in connection with an application to use our services, or whose information GoTu (Formerly TempMee) otherwise receives in connection with its services (such as contact information of individuals associated with GoTu (Formerly TempMee) partners). All those subject to this policy are referred to as users for purposes of this policy.
The practices described in this policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we only engage in the practices described in this policy in a particular country or region if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us if you have questions on our practices in your country or region.
The Information We Collect
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) collects:
- Information that you provide to GoTu (Formerly TempMee), such as when you create your GoTu (Formerly TempMee) account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- Information from other sources, such as GoTu (Formerly TempMee) partners and third parties that use GoTu (Formerly TempMee) APIs.
- The following information is collected by or on behalf of GoTu (Formerly TempMee):
- Information you provide
- This may include:
User profile: We collect information when you create or update your GoTu (Formerly TempMee) account. This may include your name,email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers such as Social Security number, driver’s license or passport if required by law, birth date, photo and signature. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your GoTu (Formerly TempMee) account.
Background check information: We may collect background check information if you sign up to use GoTu (Formerly TempMee)’s services as a Dental Office or Dental Professional partner. This may include information such as your work, certification, or educational history (where permitted by law). This information may be collected by a vendor on GoTu (Formerly TempMee)’s behalf.
Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact GoTu (Formerly TempMee) customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact GoTu (Formerly TempMee).
Information created when you use our services
This may include:
Depending on the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
If you are a Dental Office or Hygienist partner, GoTu (Formerly TempMee) collects location information when the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) app is running in the foreground (app open and on screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
If you are a Hygienist and have provided permission for the processing of location data, GoTu (Formerly TempMee) collects location information when the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, GoTu (Formerly TempMee) also collects this information when the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
Dental Offices and Hygienist Partners may use the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) app without enabling GoTu (Formerly TempMee) to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your GoTu (Formerly TempMee) app.
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, your shift details, shift information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method.
We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
We enable users to communicate with each other and GoTu (Formerly TempMee) through the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) apps, websites, and other services. For example, we enable Dental Offices and Dental Professional Partners to call or text each other (without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, GoTu (Formerly TempMee) receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. GoTu (Formerly TempMee) may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
Information from other sources
These may include:
- User feedback, such as ratings or compliments.
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
- Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) business partners through which you create or access your GoTu (Formerly TempMee) account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites who use GoTu (Formerly TempMee) s APIs or whose API GoTu (Formerly TempMee) uses (such as when you get directions to the Dental office through Waze).
- Financial services providers.
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
- GoTu (Formerly TempMee) may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery and other products and services. We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
- GoTu (Formerly TempMee) does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) uses the information it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features
- GoTu (Formerly TempMee) uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Enable services. This includes automated processing of your information to enable payment.
- Process or facilitate payments for those services.
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit feedback, office notes, refer a friend to GoTu (Formerly TempMee), or select a preference.
- Enable features to personalize your GoTu (Formerly TempMee) account such as preferred offices or Dental Professionals in the future.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Safety and security
- We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for example:
- Screening Dentist, Dental Offices, Dental Assistants and Hygienist Partners for update to date qualification, public or private complaints, and compliance issues.
- Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information, in certain areas, to identify practices or patterns that indicate fraud or risk of safety incidents. This may also include information from third parties. In certain cases such incidents may lead to deactivation by means of an automated decision making process.
- Using user ratings to encourage improvement by affected users, and as grounds for deactivating users with ratings below a certain minimum as may be required in their region.
- GoTu (Formerly TempMee) hygienists Inc. strictly prohibits sending unsolicited messages, including spam, to recipients who do not have a business relationship with GoTu Technology, Inc. (Formerly TempMee Hygienists Inc.) GoTu Technology, Inc. (Formerly TempMee Hygienists Inc.) also believes in strict ethical norms for end user communication. To ensure this, we ask any individuals who believe they have received unsolicited messages from us to report any
suspected abuse to [email protected] and forward us the suspicious message.
- Customer support
- GoTu (Formerly TempMee) uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls or texts after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
- Research and development
- We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Communications among users
- GoTu (Formerly TempMee) uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a Dental Office may text or call a Hygienist to confirm shift details, office best practices, or preferred dress code.
- Communications from GoTu (Formerly TempMee)
- GoTu (Formerly TempMee) may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
- GoTu (Formerly TempMee) may also use the information to promote and process contests and awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as an GoTu (Formerly TempMee) user.
- Legal proceedings and requirements
- We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of GoTu (Formerly TempMee) services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Some of GoTu (Formerly TempMee)’s products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) may share the information we collect:
With other users
For example, as a GoTu (Formerly TempMee) Dental Professional, we will share your profile information, including Hygienist license number and Government ID with the Dental Office so they may perform any relevant or required verifications, background checks, or additional screenings.
If you are a Dental Office, we will share with the Dental Professional your address, phone number, main point of contact, and other information related to completing a shift.
With the general public when you submit content to a public forum We love hearing from our users including through public forums such as GoTu (Formerly TempMee) blogs, social media, and certain
features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
With GoTu (Formerly TempMee) service providers and business partners GoTu (Formerly TempMee) may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Background check providers (drivers and delivery partners only).
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with GoTu (Formerly TempMee) or on GoTu (Formerly TempMee) s behalf.
- Vendors that assist GoTu (Formerly TempMee) to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
- Insurance and financing partners.
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect GoTu (Formerly TempMee) s rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use
another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including shift information.
This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.With your consent
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention And Deletion
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) retains user profile and other information for as long as you maintain your GoTu (Formerly TempMee) account.
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) retains transaction, location, usage and other information for 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance or other requirements in the places in which it operates. GoTu (Formerly TempMee) thereafter deletes or anonymizes such information in accordance with applicable laws.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Following such a request, GoTu (Formerly TempMee) deletes the information that it is not required to retain, and restricts access to or use of any information it is required to retain.
You may request deletion of your account at any time through the Privacy Settings in the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) app, or via GoTu (Formerly TempMee) website
Following such request, GoTu (Formerly TempMee) deletes the information that it is not required to retain. In certain circumstances, GoTu (Formerly TempMee) may be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, GoTu (Formerly TempMee) will delete your account as described above.
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users safety and security. For example, if GoTu (Formerly TempMee) shuts down a user s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, GoTu (Formerly TempMee) may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new GoTu (Formerly TempMee) account in the future.
a. Explanation and copies of your data
You have the right to request an explanation of the information that GoTu (Formerly TempMee) has about you and how GoTu (Formerly TempMee) uses that information.You also have the right to receive a copy of the information that GoTu (Formerly TempMee) collects about you if collected on the basis of consent or because GoTu (Formerly TempMee) requires the information to provide the services that you request.
If GoTu (Formerly TempMee) has information about you that you believe is inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of your information.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Users may requests deletion through the Privacy Settings menu in the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) app, or via GoTu (Formerly TempMee) s website (riders and delivery recipients here; drivers and delivery partners here).We may retain certain information about you as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law.
Please see the ‘Information Retention & Deletion section above for more information regarding GoTu (Formerly TempMee)’s retention and deletion practices.
a. The processing is necessary to provide the services and features you request
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) must collect and use certain information in order to provide its services. This includes:
User profile information that is necessary to establish and maintain your account, including to verify your identity; enable communications with you about your shifts and accounts; and to enable you to make payments or receive earnings.
Background check Information necessary to enable Dental Offices and Hygienist Partners to provide services through the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) app.
Transaction information, which is necessary to generate and maintain in connection with your use of GoTu (Formerly TempMee) s services.
Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimize and enhance GoTu (Formerly TempMee) s services, including to determine, sometimes in combination with other information, incentives, connect riders and drivers, and calculate costs of trips and driver earnings.
Collection and use of this information is a requirement for using GoTu (Formerly TempMee)’s apps.
b. The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of our users or of others GoTu (Formerly TempMee) may process personal information, including disclosing data with law enforcement authorities in case of threats to the safety of users or of others.
c. The processing is necessary for GoTu (Formerly TempMee)’s legitimate interests
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This includes collecting and using information:
To maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we collect background check information (where permitted by law) to prevent unsafe users from providing services through our apps. We also use personal information to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining
information of banned users to prevent their use of GoTu (Formerly TempMee)’s apps.
To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our services. For example, GoTu (Formerly TempMee) uses user profile, location, device and usage information, to identify and prevent circumstances when users attempt to defraud GoTu (Formerly TempMee) or other users.
To inform law enforcement officials regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety.
To provide customer support.
To optimize our service and develop new services. This includes, for example, identifying the best pick up / drop locations, recommending (new) features, improving navigation, and enhancing pricing and matching riders and drivers or delivery recipients and partners.
For research and analytical purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing usage trends to improve the user experience and enhance the safety and security of our services.
For direct marketing purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing data to identify trends and tailor marketing messages to user needs.
To enforce GoTu (Formerly TempMee)’s Terms of Service.
d. The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of other persons or parties GoTu (Formerly TempMee) collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for the interests of other persons or the general public. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims, to protect the rights and safety of others.
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) may also process personal information when necessary in regards to a substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable laws.
e. The processing is necessary to fulfill GoTu (Formerly TempMee)’s legal obligations GoTu (Formerly TempMee) is subject to legal requirements in the jurisdictions in which it operates that require us to collect, process, disclose and retain your personal data. For example, GoTu (Formerly TempMee) is subject to laws and regulations in many cities and countries that require it to collect and retain information about your trips, to retain such information for extended periods of time, and to provide copies of such information to governmental or other authorities. GoTu (Formerly TempMee) uses your information to comply with such laws to the extent they apply to your use of the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) apps.
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) may also share information with law enforcement, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes. For more information about such sharing, please see GoTu (Formerly TempMee) s Guidelines for Law Enforcement Authorities in the United States,
Choice And Transparency
GoTu (Formerly TempMee) provides means for you to see and control the information that GoTu (Formerly TempMee) collects, including through:
- in app privacy settings
- device permissions
- in app ratings pages
- marketing opt outs
- You may also request that GoTu (Formerly TempMee) provide you with explanation, copies or correction of your data.
A. PRIVACY SETTINGS
The Privacy Settings menu in the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) rider app gives users the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from GoTu (Formerly TempMee). Information on these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the effect of turning off these settings are described below.
B. DEVICE PERMISSIONS
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
C. RATINGS LOOK-UP
After every shift, Dental Offices and Hygienist Partners are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the shift went. This two way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both Dental Offices and Dental Professional Partners.
D. EXPLANATIONS, COPIES AND CORRECTION
You may request that GoTu (Formerly TempMee):
- Provide a detailed explanation regarding the information GoTu (Formerly TempMee) has collected about you and how it uses that information.
- Receive a copy of the information GoTu (Formerly TempMee) has collected about you.
- Request correction of any inaccurate information that GoTu (Formerly TempMee) has about you.
- You can make these requests by contacting GoTu (Formerly TempMee) here.
You can also edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in GoTu (Formerly TempMee) s apps. You can also look up your trips, orders and deliveries history in the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) apps.
E. MARKETING OPT-OUTS
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from GoTu (Formerly TempMee) within the app. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from GoTu (Formerly TempMee) by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account.
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the GoTu (Formerly TempMee) apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.